Saturday, May 29, 2010

En route to Minneapolis!

Currently I am flying over South Dakota. I promise that I'll try to make my future posts less mundane and complain-y but can I just talk about how much I dislike young couples on planes? Is it really necessary to be all over each other constantly? The in-flight movie was "Dear John" and the couple in front of me pretty much made out the whole time. Oh well. Young love I guess.

I've already been more social than I thought I would be, especially not having enough caffeine. People have been nice. Maybe it's because I'm alone. Pathetic. Just kidding.

South Dakota is how I imagined it. full of squares. I feel like if I look far enough I could see North Dakota or even Canada. But of course I'd expect some big ole sign that said, "WELCOME! You have reached North Dakota" or some gleaming line. Maybe I'm just thinking about that Simpsons episode where Homer jumps back and forth between US soil and (I believe it was) Australian soil.

I have to say, so far Delta has exceeded expectdations. Even though this in-flight internet is costing me $9.95. I gotta say... kinda worth it. I'm definitely a part of the millenial generation, always needeing to be connected. At least this way my parents will know, through the grapevine since they have no idea what a blog is, that I'm safe and sound.

Well, until I reach South Africa!

1 comment:

  1. ugh the couple sounds REALLY annoying! I can't believe you are on your way to SA!! btw, missed you at the BBQ today. <3

    ReplyDelete